Monday, March 30, 2009

Jam it!

Now there I was, walking down the aisle of our local grocery store, minding my own business, when I suddenly remembered that I'm running out of jam. I eat oatmeal almost every morning. With jam.

The moment I step in front of the jam shelves, it catches my eye. It's so small. So beautiful. It looks so inviting. The price is only 2€ - which is an obscene price for such a little squirt of jam - and it calls to me. Who ever said that package design counts for nothing?!


I mean, just look at them. LOOK AT THEM. They are beautiful. If they don't look striking to you now, then imagine them lined up with all the other unimaginative, conservative jam-jar designs you see in Finnish grocery stores! Our local store only had papaya-lime and coconut, mango they'd ran out of :/ I very nearly bought the coconut -jam as well... probably the next time I go there, I'll have to buy that too :/


The jam itself was good, though the flavour was not quite as intense as I would have liked. I'll have to try it with ice cream some day.

Oh yeah, and although it was at the top shelf and not quite at eye-level, I was also intrigued by Schwartzkopf's Got 2 Be Smooth 'n' Chic products:


I'm not saying it really appeals to me on a personal level, but the whole Marie Antoinette -thing makes it stand out.

2 comments:

graffitihead said...

It amuses me greatly how this post with its jams and hair products just Screams "graphic designer". :D You're definitely in the right industry, honey.

Ilona said...

Thank you, dear, I think I am! :D